Well, I cannot believe it has been 3 months since my last post. I wonder what could have been keeping me so busy??Not much has changed since my last post except our kids keep getting bigger! We look at them and wonder where the time has gone. It seems like yesterday we were holding an infant Aaron in our arms. Now we have two "babies" to hold!! I started back to work in December, still working a weekend option position and loving it! It allows me to feel like a SAHM and work full-time too! I did pick up an extra shift every two weeks because it allows us to pay a lot less for benefits where as with my previous schedule I was paying a premium as a "part-time" employee so we save a little money this way. I didn't think I would notice this extra shift, but I am definitely aware of being home less. With two kids, the house gets messy faster and laundry piles up faster.
Speaking of the house, its a MESS!!! I was looking back at pictures from when we just had one baby, and our house was immaculate. Not that I expect my house to look perfect all the time, I just like it to be vacuumed and picked up, but lately I've had to let a lot go to spend more time with my kids. I realized that while I was flitting from room to room trying to get things done, I was spending less and less time with my kids. So lately, while it's been a bit difficult, I've been coming to terms with having a little bit of a messy house in order to be a mom to my kids. That's not to say I let things go, because that just turns into a total DISASTER!!! Which actually happened to our house in February. We were busy and we didn't keep up with our house so we turned to Flylady for help. I used this system back when I was in nursing school full time, working full time, and missing Jeremy full time (during his deployment to Africa). This is a wonderful site that helps you establish daily habits that help to keep you organized. Being a type A and slight perfectionist, I would exhaust myself attempting to do too much. This just caused me (and my family- poor Jeremy!) stress. With small routines in place everyone is much happier. It's a work in progress, but baby steps!!
Waverleigh will be seven months old this week and we can't even believe it! She is just as sassy as ever, but we love her to pieces. She definitely lets us know what she wants and keeps us on our toes. She and Aaron are ever so cute together communicating in their little babbly way. Speaking, no pun intended, of Aaron, he resumed speech therapy this week and we have great hopes for much progress in a very short time. Getting in him into therapy again was a great challenge, only to find out that we were mistakenly "dropped" from the program rather than put on hold. A slight clerical error that cost our child a few months. Aaron is noticeably behind in his language skills, but after one visit from his new speech pathologist, he said numerous words that we've never heard him utter. Keep up the good work, Boogs!
I will try to catch you up to speed with a few pictures. Lets not lie here, we all know those are the highlight of my blog posts:) Also, I've added a few links on the right. Check out some of my favorite sites. I plan to add some of my favorite "parenting" links as well. Take care!
Love, Tiff
Oh, and yes, Aaron did wear those boots on Easter Sunday, church and all:)












1 comment:
Cute Pictures!!! You are doing a great job and kudos on realizing the kids are more important than the laundry. Never look behind closed doors at my house, LOL! Love you all!
Post a Comment