Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mother's Day

My first mothers day was a good day spent with family. Having Aaron as my son is a joy and I'm so glad I'm his mommy!! I was a little sad on this day because when I was a child, the baby dedications at my church always took place on mother's day. At the church we attend now, they do dedications once a year and we already missed that day this year. We will get Aaron dedicated then, but I had my heart set on Mother's Day. Childhood dreams die hard!

Here's pictures of the day:

My little man all dressed up for church


My sister, dad and I decided to give my mom a set of wooden rocking chairs for her front porch. Jeremy and I snuck over while she was at church to decorate and set them on the porch so she would see them when she got home from church. The porch was complete with iced tea and flowers!


We think she likes it!!



Aaron and mommy on her first Mother's Day!
He still likes to stay all scrunched up as you can see here!


Katie and Austin. Just think...it was only three years ago she was celebrating her first mother's day...complete with a baby dedication:) Lucky mom!


At the Verhulsts...

Grandma Pat getting a cute wide eyed-stare!

Daddy diaper duty- I like it!
Cousins!
Lane and Aaron getting to know one another (the boys are only 3 weeks apart!)

I hope everyone had a wonderful mother's day!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Aaron is just a spitting image of Jeremy - which I know you do not mind! He will look like you as he gets older. :) I'm glad you had a great mother's day - but I'm sorry you didn't get to have him dedicated. Traditions change so maybe you will be starting a new one! Take care....

The Foley Five said...

Oh my, he is so handsome and growing to be quite the big boy! I love the outfit for church! You guys look so happy... keep the cute pictures coming!!