Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Polar Bear Plunge

Good Morning-
Wanted everyone to know its time for the Polar Bear Plunge 2009. Plunge day is January 31, and I need YOUR HELP! I need YOUR donations to help my team reach our goal. Now wait a minute, I know what you’re thinking, “Jeremy, times are tough and money is tight.” Trust me I understand, a baby, house payment, car payment Blah. Blah. Blah….Trust me I know times are tough, but imagine how tough times would be if you were the parent a Special Olympic Athlete. We might think we have it tough but those parents show the true meaning of dedication.

I remember when I spoke to a parent of a Special Olympic Athlete while I was still stationed at Ft. Benning, GA. I had been blessed with the opportunity to work a Special Olympic Event and was inspired by the mother who I spoke to about her son, Josh. Josh was a TRACK STAR! Josh’s mother had told me that Josh was a blessing from God and she was lucky to because Josh never got tired of his mothers love. Josh never got to the point of being embarrassed by his mother’s affection.

I have taken that story with me on my journey as a parent and pray that my son, Aaron never grows tired of my affection. I hope that you all see the athletes for what they are, “truly special people with hearts of gold.” When you walk up to them they are always warm and welcoming to a friendly face. The support you give makes all the difference in there lives. So I ask of you please donate, not for me, not for the tax deduction, not for the recognition, but for Josh and all the awesome athletes out there.

Please visit the link below and let your heart lead you.

http://www.firstgiving.com/grainvalleypolice


May God bless you on this beautiful day.

Jeremy

No comments: