Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mr. Independent

We've had quite a month around here. Aaron is BUSY, BUSY, BUSY and I am truly loving this stage. God has truly blessed me with an "easy" pregnancy which has allowed me to focus on keeping up with Aaron. I'm sure I'll slow down some as I grow bigger, but for now things are going great. The most exciting news we have to report is that we went for Aaron's post-op visit at the ENT clinic and his hearing test results were within normal limits!! YAY!! So, Aaron's hearing loss completely resolved with the tube placement. We are thrilled to not have to worry about this anymore. He'll still receive his speech therapy until we have another meeting to evaluate where he's at. Since he had hearing loss for his first year of life we are definitely still a little behind in language skills, but Aaron's doing great cognitively and with his receptive language skills. He is at an 18 month level as far as his vocabulary goes. He's signing almost 10 words and saying about 3. Since he's introspective anyway, we think he's waiting to say the words until he knows for sure that he says them right. Hopefully this isn't a sign of future perfectionism!! Its so funny because we'll hear him "practicing" saying words inside his mouth. It's pretty cute:)
Other than that, Aaron's just gaining more independence daily and will definitely let you know (with a look or whine) that he isn't pleased with the way you are doing something! Here's a perfect example of one of his toddler "mood swings"...
to smiles in 3 seconds flat!
Aaron now prefers to feed himself which is so cute except when he eats his morning oatmeal! Well, even that's pretty cute:)
Catching up on the latest story...
Hope the dishwasher can handle a 24 pounder! Aaron climbs on EVERYTHING!
Look at me ma! I can walk! Yep you heard me. Aaron can finally walk! He's been taking small steps since February so we kept thinking any day now and he'll be walking. Well, Aaron had other plans. He's a pretty cautious kid (a good trait to have in a little boy!) and was just waiting until the right time. Now he's off to the races!
Like father like son. If only he knew what this stuff really tasted like! I was worried he would get a tiny bit from the bottle and start to cry!!
What happens when I make dinner and Aaron "helps" by playing in the fridge:)
At least he helps me clean up:) This is Aaron playing with his new vacuum from Grandma and Grandpa Verhulst.
What kid actually likes V8?
This kid does!! He can't get enough of it and if he sees you drinking it, he'll hunt you down for a drink!
Aaron loves to push his stroller around. He's already practicing to be a big brother:) Notice those short sleeves and shorts! Yesterday was beautiful!!
Well, I'm off to clean and start getting the guest room ready to become a PINK nursery!
Love,
Tiff

1 comment:

The Lambert Family said...

Cute pictures! I can't believe he likes V8! That stuff is nasty... the picture of him with it all over his face is hilarious! :) Are you painting the guest room pink?