Saturday, July 11, 2009

Holiday Weekend

We were able to get down to the lake for the 4th of July and were so so glad. It's been forever since we've been down. My dad's from the lake and my grandparents and lots of cousins live there. My brother is actually living down there for the summer as well. It was great to see everyone and to introduce Aaron to family member's he hadn't met yet!

The weather didn't cooperate 100% and I didn't get out on the boat once! Aaron loved just hanging out by the water and whenever the sun was out, that's what we did!

Plans to leave in the afternoon on Thursday didn't happen so we ended up with some sleepy heads upon arrival!

This picture is especially for Aunt Sharon...Kind of reminds me of my FAVORITE Mother's Day card of all time; I know I've given the card to my mom at least twice. It's a picture of a VERY crowded beach and on the front it says "Can you spot the mom in the picture?" The inside says "No. That's because she's still back at the car unloading the cooler, umbrella, beach towels, sunscreen, sand toys, and snacks." It cracks me up every time!! Why is it that the mom's have to carry EVERYTHING!?! When I was holding all of these things, plus Aaron and not to mention the growing baby I'm carrying inside, I was thinking of that card and cracking up!!

Austin and Jeremiah- cousins and best buds! Austin always asks, "When are we going back to Jeremiah's lake?"

Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate very well and we didn't spend much time lakeside. Aaron enjoyed the water and "sand" when we were down by the water. It was his first time playing in sand. We gotta get this guy to the beach!

Happy 4th of July from an All-American Hunk and a pretty happy dog, too:)

In the car on the way home...
A SUPER TIRED boy...
And a REALLY TIRED dog...Make for a cute picture and an easy ride home. How precious is that!?!
We had a nice trip and hope to get back down soon!

2 comments:

Whitney and Dustin said...

Looks like a great trip! I LOVE the pic of you carrying everything, how hilarious! Not to mention how cute you look in a swimsuit still! That last picture is priceless! I can't wait to see how Drake & Scout are to each other, I have a feeling they will be the same way. Scout is already always checking on him & being the "protector".

Steve and Rachael Greer said...

Your comment about mom holding everything is so true! Miss you, hopefully we can see you soon!