Well, I am new at this role, but I have since found the HARDEST part of motherhood...
trying to take care of a baby while puking your guts out!
Jeremy and I ate out last night at a Mexican restaurant and I can honestly say that I will NEVER eat that again. I don't even really like Mexican that much! I felt quesy in the car as we went over some hills and actually accused Jeremy of driving too crazy (sorry honey!)...well, little did we know that some hours later I would be emptying my stomach contents over and over until there was nothing left and I was still wretching. I'll spare you the details, but it was the sickest I've ever been.
This all started in the night and continued until early afternoon. Jeremy felt terrible leaving for work this morning and I felt terrible that he had been up listening to me puke. Aaron actually allowed us both some sleep last night, but at 3 am he was hungry. What's a girl to do but feed her baby!?! I had to stifle the quesiness while I held him and nursed him. His little body pressing up against my tummy did not feel good! But he did go back to sleep and slept until morning. I was still feeling miserable, weak, thirsty, and tired when he woke at 6:30. I had to call in reinforcements (Grandma) to take care of mommy and baby alike because we had no pop in the house and the water and Gatorade I had been "sipping" were coming right back up. I was so thirsty and worried my milk was going to dry up and I was worried that I shouldn't be feeding Aaron so I called the nurse line and they said it was fine, but if I didn't go to the bathroom in eight hours, to go in for IV fluids. Thankfully I didn't have to do that. In the midst of the morning chaos, I realized Aaron had his first speech therepy appointment at 8 am! I didn't have the therapists number so I had to tell her why I looked like death. She sympathized as she has had food poisoning three times!! In the first five minutes of her and Aaron's interaction, I had to run upstairs. When I came down I saw Aaron was fussy, and I told her I was sorry, but I needed to put him down while he was first showing signs of sleep signals. We quickly made an appointment for next week at a later time. This was a trial to see how Aaron would do, but he takes his nap at nine so it was just before nap so he was too tired to have fun. After she left I raced upstairs, put Aaron right down, and RAN into the bathroom and puked some more. I layed down after this and was only up once. My mom was going to be there at 11 and thank goodness she was able to come. She took care of me by bringing "sick" goodies like Sprite, Alka-Seltzer and lemons (a trick from my great grandma for nausea- plain alka-seltzer in the bottom of a glass, crushed ice on top, and the juice of a lemon squeezed in) sounds weird, but it works! I wasn't sick once more after I sipped that. Mom gave Aaron his bath, loaded and started my dishwasher, and played with Aaron and put him down for his afternoon nap before she had to leave. I'm so thankful she lives close! After she left I called the health department to report my case and should hear back tomorrow about their investigation.
Jeremy is on his way home from work as I type this and I can't wait! It's been a long day.
12 years ago







3 comments:
I am sorry to hear about your day! Sounds awful! Why are you taking Aaron to speech therapy? Did he go through stages when he wanted to nurse ALL day, then fussy while he was nursing? just wondering b/c that is the stage we are in now? Hope you feel better soon!
Oh Tiffany - you poor thing. I am so sorry that you were so sick - that is not fun at all! Sounds like you did the absolute best you could under the circumstances (better than I could do, that's for sure)!!!....thank goodness your mom was able to help out! Let us know if you find out any specifics about the restaurant. I hear that there was a scare with jalepenos being contaminated. Let me know if you need anything!
What a day!! Sorry to hear that you got sick that is miserable. Your Mom is amazing!! Hope you are feeling better.
Post a Comment