Monday, March 30, 2009

Big Cedar

Last week my parents rented a cabin in Big Cedar. It's a family-style resort outside of Branson and for those who haven't been before, I highly recommend it! The plan was for us to go down and stay a night with my parents, but Aaron and I ended up staying 3 nights because we were having such a blast. Jeremy had to go back to work so he wasn't able to stay. We will definitely be going back! The resort had tons of activities on the property to keep everyone entertained and even with windy, cool weather, it was still tons of fun. Aaron's favorite thing to do was swim in one of the "hot tubs." I put that in parentheses because there were three outdoor hot tubs and a heated pool. Well, the pool was not heated to my liking (or to any one's over the age of about 13!) so Aaron and I headed over to check out the tubs. The three hot tubs were graduated and the top was the hottest and the lowest was more like a warm bathwater pool. It was great! It was cool enough that Aaron and I could both get in (pregnant women are advised not to use hot tubs over about 100 degrees) and we had a blast! Aaron's a great "swimmer" and really enjoys being in the water. My parents have pics of those so I'll try to share later.
Here are some highlights...
Austin and Aaron "playing" together...
Two peas in a pod...

Mini-golfing...
Big Cedar is owned by Bass Pro so the last hole of mini golf was in the mouth of a bass fish.
Aaron with his "vacation face." He always had this puzzled look on his face like "where are we and what are we doing?" It was hysterical!
Uncle David and Aaron...

No comments: