We have one surgery successfully completed and only one more to go!! All I have to say is poor Jeremy. Wow- he had a tough day yesterday. As you know most people get their wisdom teeth out when they are younger, preferably BEFORE they become impacted. Well, in the infinite wisdom of the US Army, they repeatedly told Jeremy he didn't need them out because they weren't in the way. Well, they were definitely in the way this time! The doc said they were some tough ones and he had to drill a lot. What that means for Jeremy is a lot of pain and a soft diet for 4 weeks!! This is due to the fact that when you wait so long to have them out their is a large chance you could break your jaw because of all the changes. His jaw was not broken in surgery (a rare complication) but could break easily during the healing phase (a less rare complication when teeth are seriously impacted). YIKES!! So, not wanting to break his jaw and have to go on a liquid diet, he is going to be VERY compliant. He can't eat anything chewy, or crunchy. Nothing you can hear when you chew. I'm going to have to get very creative with my meal planning these next few weeks!
Jeremy's doing much better today as his pain is more under control. He is pretty swollen though. I'm posting pics...
Day 1: This is what I saw when I went back to see Jeremy after the surgery was over (except in the office he had to giant strings hanging out of his mouth they use to pull the gauze out with). It looked quite humorous! Plus, he was wearing this head wrap which looks funny, but is great because it holds two cold packs...Kind of reminds me of the olden days when someone had a toothache they tied cloth around their head- I'm sure that worked well!
Today: Pretty swollen!! He was mad at me because I was making him laugh and he said it hurt! Sorry babe!
A more serious pose. Duke hasn't left Jeremy's side and definitely knows something is up with his dad.
We're hoping for a much better day tomorrow! I'll post after Aaron's surgery to let everyone know how he's doing.
Love,
Tiff
2 comments:
Poor Jeremy! He looks pretty good the day after all the trauma he went thru - a little swollen, but at least he is able to laugh (even if it hurts)! Good luck with the meal planning - just put everything you make in a blender for him! :) YUCK!!!!
Good luck tomorrow as well! Your family is in my prayers!
Steve loves Army dentist... he had 3 root canals on the same tooth! Hope your feeling better Jeremy!
Post a Comment